Originally from Brazil, I moved to Arizona in 2012 for a one year exchange opportunity during my undergrad. Well, this one year turned into 9 (and counting), and includes a marriage, a Ph.D., a cute Shih-Poo doggie, and now a move to beautiful Hawaii!
Outside of UX, you'll find me playing my Oboe, hiking, reading (probably a biography or sci-fi), or spending time with my family.
Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction
Arizona State University
B.S. Computer Science
UX & Design Lead
- Led the collaboration with McGraw Hill to redesign Proctorio's settings as part of the integration into the Connect platform.
- Redesigned the settings UI.
- Led the redesign of the company's branding, including a complete redesign of its website.
- Designed an iPhone app for test taking.
- Planned and Conducted interview calls with client or partner institutions.
- Began structuring the company's research capabilities.
- Built internal tools to improve collaboration between teams as well as my own team's efficiency
- Provided training for our internal front-end framework to software engineers.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of six designers & front-end devs.
- Led the hiring process for my team.
- Built a design system from the ground up, including a component library in Figma as well as front-end components.
- Redesigned the test taker experience to build trust and decrease anxiety.
- Designed the company's originality verification UI.
- Performed a UI inventory and heuristic analysis of the company's UIs.
- Developed a front-end framework based on Web Components and documented it through Storybook.
- Worked with Deque Systems to correct accessibility issues.
Arizona State University
- Designed web applications in Figma to be used in different research projects.
- Designed and facilitated in-person and remote interviews, co-creation workshops, and usability tests.
- Designed and implemented several large-scale, unmoderated studies in Amazon’s MTurk and Prolific
- Designed, conducted, and analyzed multiple experimental studies.
- Conducted remote interview studies with open-source project contributors.
- Published and presented papers at top-tier HCI venues.
- Developed web applications to be used in research projects.
- Implemented a robot that moved autonomously on a cartesian plane projected on the floor.
- Managed undergrad and masters students working on research projects.
Software Dev. Intern
- Developed internal web systems to manage the company's resources, both on the front end—using Angular and jQuery—as well as on the back end—using C#, .NET MVC, and ElasticSearch.